What would make you want to delete all Spotify songs on your phone? You no longer feel them, and it’s time to do away with them.
If you are about to delete all songs on Spotify mobile, you are not alone. Many music lovers like you spent months and even years gathering all kinds of music on Spotify. But then, as time goes on, they just don’t feel them anymore.
Furthermore, frustration might even set in if you have to manually select the music you want to listen to from a ton on many pieces of music. What then do you do? You can fix all those problems by following the simple steps below.
3 Top Ways to Delete all Songs on Spotify
1. Deleting Favourites
Spotify is great for so many reasons. One core feature is the heart icon. The heart icon allows you to store your music in the “Favourite List” option. Since you are seeking ways to delete all Spotify songs, be it on iPhones, you can explore this option.
The guide below will teach you how to delete your “favourite” at once rather than doing that one by one.
- Locate the “Library” option on the lower-right-hand side of your screen
- Click the ‘Liked Songs’ playlist.
- Tap on the three vertical dots next to each song on the playlist
- Click ‘Liked’ at the top.
The above process will do one thing for you. All the songs would be unlocked. If you are using a desktop, it is quite easier to delete all your favourites. After login into your Spotify account on desktop, follow the steps below.
- On the right-hand side of your screen, you will see ‘Your Library.’ Click on it.
- Move your cursor over a song.
- Locate the three horizontal dots and click on it.
- Finally, click ‘Remove from Your Liked Songs’
Downside: Even though this function is faster than when done on mobile, it has it’s downside as well. You still need to remove the songs individually.
2. Filtering Songs
One cool feature of Spotify is the ability to declutter your music. Are you wondering why? Spotify does not allow for mass deletion of songs at once, but this option is a great way to delete all Spotify songs.
- On top of your music playlist, locate the filter icon with the search bar.
- Search for any playlist or particular music you wish to delete.
One good thing about filtering songs is that it gives you the freedom to delete or remove a particular song, album, artist, or even a genre.
Other great options you can choose to filter are listed below.
- Newly Added Songs– these can be filtered even in chronological order.
- Downloads– these are the songs you downloaded for offline play.
- Relevance– the most important songs you enjoy listening to
3. Clearing Cache
Clearing your Spotify cache can clear a lot of space for you on your device. The latest update came with a special feature that allows you to clear your app cache without losing any of your music.
It’s a great feature if you ask me. Before now, there is no way you can do that without losing some of your, music.
To clear your app cache, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to ” Settings”
- Locate the “Storage” option
- Locate the “Delete Cache” option
- Tap and confirm the deletion
The options above are your best bet on how to delete all Spotify songs. Even though you would have preferred a bulk delete option in Spotify but in the absence of that at the moment, you have to make use of what you have.
Sharing this post with others is a great idea and trust me, I appreciate you for doing that.