Have you ever wondered how you can hide apps on android phones? Often time, there are some precious android apps on our phones we wish to keep aware of snooping eyes.
If your answer is yes, then all you need to do right now is to pick a seat and a possible popcorn with your favourite drink and read through.
If you are someone like me who is never comfortable with locking the phone, you need to take some steps to protect your privacy.
Without these, your data, financial information, pictures, and other sensitive information are at risk of entering into the wrong hands.
In a nutshell, you can hide apps on your android phones through the following steps:
- using app hider
- through third-party launchers
- by using guest modes
- disable pre-installed apps
- using app lock
- hiding apps in secure folders
6 Best Steps to Hide Apps on Android Phones
You don’t need to be a tech-savvy before you can hide apps on android phones. All that matters is your ability to pay attention to details. By following the steps below, your privacy is guaranteed henceforth.
1. Using App Hider
Tools like App Hider can also be used to hide apps on your android phones. Apart from apps, you can also use it to hide your videos, pictures, and other documents. It automatically creates a separate folder that’s only accessible to you and inaccessible to privacy invaders.
To start using the app hider, follow the steps below.
- download and install the app hider on your android phone
- using the on-screen instructions, import all the files you want to hide
- launch the app to be sure it is working perfectly
- you can uninstall it from the main setting since it’s working
Other functions of the App Hider
The app hider can also function in the following ways:
- It can turn itself to a calculator vault and function as such without anyone detecting you are hiding your apps.
- It also allows you the peck of uninstalling your app entirely from your phone and also launch the uninstalled app from it. This is a unique feature that’s worth trying out.
Meanwhile, what are you waiting for? Download the app hider now and see which functionality works for you the most.
2. Through Third-party Launchers Like Nova Launcher
There are many third-party launchers out there that can help you with hiding your apps. One of the most popular ones is Nova Launcher. Though not a privacy protection app, nonetheless, the built-in functions will help you to hide your apps.
To use Nova Launcher, follow the steps below.
- Open the Nova Launcher App and select “Setting
- Click ” App drawer” and scroll down till you see find the “hide apps” option
- Click on it and check all the apps you would love to hide.
By doing this, the selected apps would automatically be removed from your home screen. To reenable the apps to appear, click on the three dots on the menu.
Note: Nova comes with another unique feature apart from the “hide app feature”. You can also use it to change the name and icon of any app. Doing this is quite easy. Press down any app icon of your choice till you see the “edit” option. Change the name as the spirit leads you, and that’s all.
3. By Using Guest Modes
Android comes with a lot of functionalities. Amongst them is the ability to create various profiles that are different and unique in the same device. This functionality makes protecting your privacy from intruders very easy. All you have to do is to switch your device to a guest mode whenever the need to give it to someone else arises.
Follow the following steps to create and switch your android to a guest mode.
- Open Settings
- Locate the Users and Accounts
- Select Guest mode
By selecting guest mode, your phone automatically becomes a new device, thus hiding all your apps and important files from would-be snoopers.
4. Disable Pre-installed Apps
Pre-installed apps on android devices offer nothing but a headache since you have to root them the device before the apps can be installed.
However, with the advent of new models of phones, things have changed. The S Health, S Translator, S Voice that comes with phone models such as the Samsung Galaxy S series are the game-changers.
If your device is a newer model, follow the steps below to disable the pre-installed apps which hitherto had been lunching on your phone memory without you realizing it.
- Go to your phone Settings
- Locate the Application option and click on it
- Click on the 3-dots at the top right corner
- Select Show System Apps
- Select the app you want to disable and click on Disable
5. Using App Lock
My favourite app to hide apps on my phone remains the App Lock. There are many App Lock on Google Playstore with each of them grossing more than millions of downloads. The App Lock remains one of the most used android apps.
You can use the app to hide different kinds of files and apps on your phone. All you have to do is to download it from Google Playstore, activate your password and eureka! Privacy invaders will no longer have access to your apps and files.
Furthermore, the app comes with a special function that makes it mouth watery. It comes with an in-built feature that makes it impossible for any intruder to uninstall it.
6. Hiding Apps in Secure Folders
Technology is evolving daily, and many brands are infusing new features into their devices to make them more secure. In the android domain, Samsung isn’t one to be pushed to the background.
Some of their new models, such as the Galaxy line is infused with the ability to
hide apps that you cherish from intruders within a secure folder. To access the folder, the intruder will require a pin before the folder can be assessed.
To set up a secure folder in your Samsung Galaxy device, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Biometrics and Security
- Locate the Secure Folder and click on it
- Follow the instructions till you set up your secure folder
Final Words on How to Hide Apps on Android Phones
Hiding your apps on a device is necessary if you have sensitive and personal information therein. The apps listed above will keep your apps and files away from growing eyes that are bent on intruding on your privacy. Why not go ahead and try them out till you find the one that works best for you.